Friday, December 27, 2013

For December 27th:


“Lean on, trust in, and be confident in the Lord with all your heart and mind and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know, recognize, and acknowledge Him, and He will direct and make straight and plain your paths.”
Proverbs 3: 5-6 AMP

Have you ever questioned God or even been a little angry with him? I have. 
In Feb 2000 our mom had a stroke that left her unable to swallow food. My oldest sister called me & said in a few minutes mother's doctor is going to call you and the decision for a feeding tube for her is yours. Then she hung up... The doctor called - I ask questions I knew to ask, I ask what should I do and he replied that decision is yours.  I was weak and decided I could not allow her to go without food, knowing she really wouldn't want to live in her condition. I was upset with my sister for making me make that decision alone without her or my other sister's help. Then two months later I had an idea why, a terrible car accident with both of my sisters. My  oldest sister died in the wreck and my other sister was terribly shaken as she had been driving. My older sister had always been our mom's caretaker, she had always made decisions, taken care of the financial decisions and now it was me. Why did God take our sister and leave our mom? Our mom unable to live a productive life, now not knowing who we were or even what day it was.. Why take a life that was so filled with giving and leave a life filled with nothing? So I questioned God for many years, now I realize He had a plan I just didn't know His  reason or plan.  I believe God has plans for our lives and there are times we have to accept and not question his wisdom.  Our mom went to join our dad and sister in heaven in Feb of 2002, during those two years God graced us with a few more smiles from our mom and a peace that after our sister's death we had cared & watched over her as our sister would have done. I am grateful for the time God gave us with our mom even during those difficult days.

Prayer- God, help me to accept the circumstances in life that I cannot understand the reason and not to question Your wisdom.  But to accept  Your plan and Your timeframe for our lives and to be grateful for the time we have with loved ones here on earth and to make each moment count. Amen.
Beth Tribble


No comments:

Post a Comment