Monday, December 23, 2013

For December 23rd:


“Before the mountains were born
 or you brought forth the whole world,
 from everlasting to everlasting you are God.” Psalm 90:2 NIV

 “I speak to you from the depths of eternity. Before the world was formed, I AM! You hear me in the depths of your being, where I have taken up residence. I am Christ in you, the hope of Glory. I, your Lord and Savior, am alive within you. Learn to tune in to My living Presence by seeking Me in silence.
            As you celebrate the wonder of My birth in Bethlehem, celebrate also your rebirth into eternal life. This everlasting gift was the sole purpose of My entering your sin-stained world. Receive My gift with awe and humility. Take time to explore the vast dimensions of My love. Allow thankfulness to flow freely from your heart in response to My glorious gift. Let My Peace rule in your heart, and be thankful.

Sarah Young, Jesus Calling, 2004

There is an extra treat today if you visit the blog site for this devotional. You can listen to this wonderful song about Christ’s love, “Love take Me Over” by Steven Curtis Chapman . Type into your search engine: Gratitudedevotional.blogspot.com and click on the arrow inside the photo above this entry to hear the song and read the lyrics. (You might need to have room around you, because it might be difficult not to dance to the music). Enjoy!
   


No comments:

Post a Comment