Saturday, December 14, 2013

For December 14th:


“He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.” 1 John 2:2

I recently got a call from an old friend that is experiencing really tough times.  He used to be someone that seemed to “have it all.”  Now, because of addictions, he is struggling with financial problems, loss of relationships and severe health issues.  Some would say he has lost everything.  However, he admits that by losing his material possessions as well as his health, he has new found hope through his growing relationship with Jesus Christ.  As we were talking about Christ’s sacrifice, I found myself stumbling, searching for the “right” words to offer encouragement and witness for all that has been done for us.  My friend chastised me and said, “You can say it – Christ died for you and me.”  And He did.  Christ gave the ultimate sacrifice and showed the ultimate love.  As we come into this season of giving, I want to acknowledge my blessings that include a loving family and supporting friends.  Each day I remember the ultimate love and sacrifice that has already been given.  No matter how difficult the circumstances, God’s love and support remains and is there waiting for us to accept and grow in it.  Thank you God for all of our blessings…Amen.

Melinda Thedford

No comments:

Post a Comment